UK2000 Scenery Forum
October 24, 2014, 10:17:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FS9 Terrain fix update V1.02  (Read 4985 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: April 20, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »

Here is an update that will solve the floating scenery problem while using addon terrain mesh

http://www.uk2000scenery.net/files/egaaxtremefs9_update.zip

It also adds some landclass around the airport, and can be used by none addon terrain users as well.

The only thing i cant fix, is the lakes near Belfast which appear to be on a plateau, this is down to errors in the MS lakes in combination with addon terrain mesh (terrain is correct, lakes are not)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:26:26 PM by Gary Summons » Logged

Tony Corken

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »

I have an Installation fault error. Says I don't have the full version or it's not activated ? I do have the full version and it is activated and works just fine. The only thing I did was re-layer it because of a redundant piece of scenery. I deleted the old RAF Aldergrove scenery.
Andrew Baker

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »

Gary would it be possible to make the landclass file available as a separate download or install option, the reason I ask is that if a user with the default mesh installs this update as it is now then they end up with a plateau instead. The landclass file is very much appreciated though and needed in my opinion too, its looks far better with it.

To fix the problem myself I just copied the file egaa_lc.bgl to the desktop before I uninstalled Belfast and then reinstalled the original download, after that I just copied the file from the desktop back to the relevant folder and I now have a better looking Aldergrove area.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:37:25 PM by Andrew Baker » Logged

Cheers,
Andy.
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »

Tony download the update again and install, I've removed the activate check

I checked  the new flatten with the default mesh and did not look too bad to me, Its no worse than other FS9 airports that have a flatten plateau.

Andrew Baker

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »

It's perfect if I just copy the lanclass file over though Gary, no steps at all around the airport.

Cheers,
Andy.
Tony Corken

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 01:35:03 PM »

Still getting the same fault error. I'll check back later. Have to go do some work. Great scenery BTW.  Smiley
Aaron Irwin

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »

Hi i have just downloaded for first time and its telling me that my belfast extreme is not activated when it is?? also i noticed yestarday Gary that i have the same issue at bristol airport
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »

Third time lucky, try the belfast update link again.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:24:59 PM by Gary Summons » Logged

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »

also i noticed yestarday Gary that i have the same issue at bristol airport

Can you explain your Bristol problem Aaron (probably best to start  a new thred on the Bristol X board)

Tony Corken

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 06:47:05 PM »

The update works fine now, thanks.

It would be a good idea to move the land-class file (egaa_lc.bgl) from it's current  location to a scenery folder with no Texture folder next to it due to a memory leak bug in FS9. I keep all my land-class files in "Flight Simulator 9\addon scenery\scenery" because there's no texture folder in the hierarchy and there's no need for another entry in the scenery.cfg 

Here's a bit more detail about the problem from Oliver Pabst from Aerosoft

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19147
Oliver Pabst

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »

Sorry for my late answer, but I was not pointed here before:

the folder "Flight Simulator 9\addon scenery\scenery" is abolute the wrong location to place Landclasses, because per default, the "Addon Scenery" Entry has a TEXTURE Subdir, its called "Flight Simulator 9\addon scenery\texture". When you don't have deleted this Texture directory, it is still there and so you have the same effect with the landclass files, as on all other places with a Texture subdir.

So, you need to delete the empty "Flight Simulator 9\addon scenery\texture" subdir, or you place the Landclass files to a seperate EGAA_LC Subdir, where you only place a SCENERY directory with the landcalls BGL and you add this Folder to the scenerylibrary (best below the normal EGAA entry.
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »

Thanks for that explantion

Tony Corken

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 06:23:42 PM »

I don't have a Texture subdir under "Addon Scenery" Maybe I deleted it for this very reason but it's been so long ago I may have forgotten that might still have existed for other users. So, in my case anyhow, the location for my landclass files is absolutely the right place to put them.

regards, Tony
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: