UK2000 Scenery Forum
August 28, 2016, 06:50:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ai_player.dll error with FSX  (Read 9207 times)
John Rooum

« on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:19 PM »

I  have a new build I7 system with Win 7 64 bit on which I have installed both FS9 and FSX.  I have a large selection of UK2000 scenery from the early "Part 2' package to five Extreme airfields which I run in both FS9 and FSX.

Recently I noticed that every time I shut FSX down, I received an FSX APP Crash error calling up ai_player.dll  I spent a week trying to locate the problem but with no luck and decided to clean out and reinstall FSX.  At each stage of the installation, I flew a standard route for about one hour using default AI. I installed FSUIPC, LDS767, MD11 and UTX Europe all without the error. I then installed 5 Extreme airfields {EGLL/SS/KK/GD/BB} and on shutting down after the first flight, the error message re-occurred.  I tested each airfield individually and found the error only occurred with EGKK installed either on its own or with the others.

FSX and EGKK seem to run quite normally and the error message only occurs at the end of the shut down process so it is only  a minor irritation.  However, I see EGKK is to be updated and wondered if anyone else had seen this error with Win 7?

John Rooum
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:36:23 AM »

Not seen it myself, AI modules may have a connection to AFD files, but I dont really know how.

Norman Dean
AFCAD Designer

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:23:20 PM »

Hi John,

This is a common error, that occurs for some unknow reason, and you will see it reported in many forums. The fact that it fails in ai_player is probably of no significance, it is just the module that is running at the time it crashes, and the only problable explanation is that FSX is unable to handle the cpu load associated with high graphics and closing down satisfactorily. I had this myself not associated with any product and happend after every flight. I can't remember which oes now, and one good thing is that is doesn't seem to have any effect on the program which starts as normal next time. However, in my case after some time it suddenly stopped happening, and I really don't know why that happend either.

Norman

John Rooum

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »

Thanks Norman - that's more or less what I picked up from my trawl round the internet before I went for a re-install.

Odd that only EGKK causes the error.  I suppose the next step would be another clean re-install putting EGKK in as the only add-on - to check whether it is a conflict with another add-on or with FSX itself.  Perhaps one day ..
Norman Dean
AFCAD Designer

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »

Hi John, Its likely that EGKK comes up because of the high graphic load with all the other airfields around it plus any other addon that you are using. It can also happen with EGLL and even EGLC, but you will seldom find it any where else in this country. This seems to be the pattern on other forums as well, in that it usually follows a flight to a large hub.

I doubt very much that a clean install will make any difference, but if you have the time then its worth a try.

Norman

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: