UK2000 Scenery Forum
January 18, 2018, 01:37:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Large stutter on 27 threshold  (Read 1467 times)
Neil Culverhouse

« on: January 13, 2012, 08:18:25 AM »

This is all using FS9.

I have been flying around EGLC for a few days, and have noticed a really annoying problem.

On approach, just as I am in the flare, I get a large 2 second pause while some textures load.  I then noticed that I get a similar pause when lining up on runway 27 from M.

I have disabled the VFRLondon scenery to see whether this makes a difference, but alas, no.

Does anyone else experience this, or is it just my system?

Thanks

Neil
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

Your system may need to reduce the load, so try lower scenery complexity, reduce AI ect, remove static ect

ian white

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »

Hi,   I am getting the same large 3 sec - stutter / screen freeze  -    which occurs directly above the threshold runway 27 .  I'm usually about 40/30 ft above the ground when it happens.  It happens everytime I cross that area even when I'm starting a takeoff run from 27.

It does not happen at all when flying into or taking off from runway 09.

When it happens my screen freezes but the sim is still continuing in the background and I can hear the CoPilot callout of 30... 20 ... 10... then the wheels touching down,  at this point the screen unfreezes and the plane immediately shoots forward to the ground and crashes,  or bounces the plane back into the air doing somersaults or sometimes I can recover it from the hard landing.

It has caused me real problems with my Virtual Airlines flight tracker and a bit of embarrassment as it's happened while I was with a Vatsim Tower controller...

I have tried various scenery settings down to none but it still happens though maybe for a shorter time. It seems like an object or maybe light at that area is causing the problem but only when facing West.

I really like flying into London City in the Majestic Q400 but this problem is making it very difficult to use 27.

Has anyone any ideas......

PS This is on P3Dv4 with WIN 10 ,   ORBX   Global  - Vector - EU Landclass - England..
The PC is running at 4.6Ghz and is working well...  this is the only airport I have any problems and I have quite a lot of heavy detail airports including a few other UK2000.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:44:10 PM by ian white » Logged
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 09:05:11 AM »

Try another aircraft, and try turning off your SODE module if it is active.

ian white

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »

Thanks for replying Gary,   I have done as suggested and the problem is still there.

I have used the Default (P3Dv4) Bonanza plane and disabled SODE from starting by setting it to false in the AddOn xml.

I then experimented with approaches landings and taxiing.  It freezes everytime when passing an area at the start of the Piano keys when on 27 travelling West. 
I tried it with outside view and with looking straight down on the plane, so that no other scenery was visible   (eg Airport buildings and Canary wharf etc.) and
it still froze.

I cannot find a situation where I don't get a freeze at this area......
Norman Dean
AFCAD Designer

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »

There are in fact two freezes of several seconds on this approach. the first occurs as you cross the river the second immediately above the piano keys. I too am unable to find what it is due to, but I can say that it is nothing to do with the UK2000 EGLC, nor EGLL,nothing to do with SODE and nothing to do with either scenery complexity not autogen. What I have found is that it occurs in many palaces and is something to do with the way in which P3D v4 loads bespoke models. it is particularly prevalent in the FTX full scenery areas, for example try a flight out of KLAX,  but it affects other similar sceneries the same, Switzerland Pro is virtually unusable. There are posts about this on both the ORBX and the P3D forums, but no solution has been put forward.

If someone can find a cure for this I for one will be extremely thankful.

Norman

Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 06:50:50 PM »

Yet another reason to delay upgrading to P3D v4 Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: