UK2000 Scenery Forum
December 17, 2017, 05:37:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xmas Sale Now On!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demo Version ground texture issue  (Read 4401 times)
Daniel Santoro

« on: September 01, 2012, 04:30:25 AM »

Hi Gary,

I was testing London City Airport demo and got a few problems with grass/runway and apron/ramp textures.

During the day it's less noticeable but it's still there.

Is there something wrong at my end or is it a real problem?

* 1.jpg (227.52 KB, 1200x675 - viewed 620 times.)

* 2.jpg (264.77 KB, 1200x675 - viewed 814 times.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:34:43 AM by Daniel Santoro » Logged
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »

Not sure what it is,  I cant see it on my PC, could be a Z-buffering change with polygons, but its so faint it hard to tell.

Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »

I am pretty sure that I have seen something like that on my PC with the full version installed, Gary. I will have to check that out again.

David Key

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »

It's the Jimmy Hendrix Experience - Purple Haze?

Grin

If it aint broke dont fix it.

David
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

Actually yes I remember its connected the fact is an elevated platform scenery, and those section have to made in a different way, and why you get a switch in layering (the change in colour is due to one layer reacting with another). Sorry by theres nothing can be done about it at city due the platform

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »

Oh, pity. Undecided
Thanks anyway.
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 06:22:21 AM »

It's a very minor problem in what is a superb product, Daniel. I am as fussy as they come where graphics are concerned, but there is no way that I would let this stop me from using the airport. It is a perfect addition to VFR London X.

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 01:29:28 AM »

It's a very minor problem in what is a superb product, Daniel. I am as fussy as they come where graphics are concerned, but there is no way that I would let this stop me from using the airport. It is a perfect addition to VFR London X.
Well Chris, during the day it's barely noticeable. The problem is at dawn/dusk when the colors contrast is very distracting, at least to me.
I've purchased VFR Photographic Scenery box for South UK(It hasn't arrived yet) and Quality Wings Avro. UK2000 EGLC was in my plans too. It would be a perfect marriage.
Maybe I try the demo a few more times and see if I get used to this issue. I already own three UK2000 airports and love all of them.
I was just a little frustrated when I got this problem at EGLC.
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »

I start all of my flights at dawn, Daniel. I like the atmospheric lighting effects at that time of the day, plus the airport lights are still on Smiley To be honest, I seem to remember the Aerosoft version of EGLC that was shipped with VFR London X had a similar problem, except that it was default ground scenery "bleeding through" the runway, so maybe they had similar issues...

Norman Dean
AFCAD Designer

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

No, it isn't the same thing. The Aerosoft airport was placed using the London VFR port scenery as a base, and you will notice that it didn't have such clear cut edges to the dock. There were also problems if the airport was used with default scenery. For the UK2000 model Gary basically used an aircraft carrier deck positioned between the two dock arms and then built the airport on that. This method produced a much more realistic water line. What is being seen here is the outline of that carrier deck, and it will depoend on individual graphic settings as to how prominent it is, and whether you actually see it at all.

Norman

redlight

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 07:27:45 AM »

Yeah I got this too at dawn and dusk, from high up it looks like Z buffering due to the flashing nature of it, or maybe an alpha channel problem?. Weird thing is I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening the other night when I did a landing there at dusk, I only noticed it yesterday, its totally fine during the day. I'm using full version not demo.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:29:56 AM by redlight » Logged
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »

I cant do anything about that. Its because the airport is on a 'deck' and you have to use different material to ovoid "see through effects", these materials look different in FS during dusk and Dawn

redlight

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »

No problem Gary, its fine, it took me a few weeks before I even noticed it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: