UK2000 Scenery Forum
October 20, 2017, 10:51:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Airspace Boundaries  (Read 11723 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: January 30, 2016, 09:20:57 AM »

Kevin Firth has created some software to update the UK Airspace Boundaries using the data held in the UK Integrated Aeronautical Information Publication. http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=165&Itemid=3.html

If anyone would like to try out this files then please download here

http://www.uk2000scenery.net/files/UK_Airspace_Boundaries.zip

These files will both alter your default UK Airspace database and add new areas. So please read the README first showing you how to install and which files to backup. Users are welcome to post any feedback or report problems so the file set can be improved.

From my point of view I will be using these in combination with my own AFCAD alteration to try and ovoid pointless ATC transfers.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:27:28 AM by Gary Summons » Logged

Kevin Firth
BETA Tester

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 11:42:28 AM »

Just one point to note, all the airfield airspace is coded with communications data which is up to date.  The airway data currently does not have comms freq assigned to them because the data was created for vatsim users primarily.  All the airspace bgls can be easily decoded into their native xml so feel free to look around in them if you like.

I'm currently in the process of moving house so I'm unlikely to be able to update any of them in the next couple of months, but after that I hope to add the comms data to the airways airspace as well.

Cheers K

EDIT: if anyone want me to email them the core xml code for the airways just PM me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: