UK2000 Scenery Forum
November 23, 2017, 03:06:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 9487 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 06:20:58 PM »

I've found out there is a new Helicopter complex on the Northwest corner "NHV helicopters" has build this hanger, office block and apron, but I have very little info.

So far the only image I have is shown  below,  and it will be hard make a model from this. If anyone else has better images than please let me know

* Image18.jpg (14 KB, 307x179 - viewed 951 times.)

* Image19.jpg (80.07 KB, 726x405 - viewed 963 times.)

Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 09:06:57 PM »

This webpage seems to have one or two photos.....

http://aerossurance.com/news/new-heliport-abz/

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 07:30:21 AM »

There will have to be 3 week delay in the release due to more changes and other work that has come up

Paul Donnelly

Today the UK, tomorrow...... errr somewhere else

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 02:10:09 PM »

Hi Folks

Gary -
Sorry I'd assumed you'd already been aware of NHV's ops.

Here's links to the planning documents -
- Extension of Artic House to form a helicopter hangar and erection of associated passenger terminal
- Erection of 4No. Illuminated Fascia signs and and 1No. IlluminatedProjecting sign.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Christopher Volle

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 09:01:37 AM »

Hi. Since I had the privilege to spend a semester at kings college in Aberdeen and therefore flew there on a regular basis, I'm really looking forward to this scenery. And so far the previews just look like I remember it. 2 quick questions.
1. Is the release still on schedule for the upcoming weekend?
2. Do you also include some iconic landmarks around Aberdeen to make the approach more recognizable? One of the first things that come to my mind is of course the artistic rather new library that can be seen from quite far away. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Duncan_Rice_Library)
Thanks up the great work!
Chris
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:03:59 AM by Christopher Volle » Logged
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 10:06:38 AM »

Sorry no, it's just the airport. I have to buy a base image, I then make the object on that image. This image also determines the date of scenery, and it coverage. For example there are some new large hotels recently build on the SW corner , but there is no up to date image with these hotels, so they have not been modeled, but will be when an aerial image becomes available. This is also a airport only scenery product, not a general Aberdeen area product.

There will a  free demo available so you can see if you want it or not.

Christopher Volle

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 03:31:25 PM »

Ok. No problem. I understand. I will get it anyway, don't worry. Hope it will be out this weekend. Contact me if you need a tester. I have vacation and using p3d with the main add-ons (eg ftx scotland).  As I've said I know the area quite well.
Clive Dodd

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 02:32:19 PM »

I am really looking forward to this, fly there regularly from London for onward flight to Sumburgh! 

I worked at Sumburgh for six years from 1976 to 80 whereupon I was moved to Prestwick for
a couple of years, ended up at Pailton near Rugby for a further 11 years now retired. Those
were the days.

Clive
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: