UK2000 Scenery Forum
August 23, 2017, 06:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All Products now for compatible with Prepar3D V4

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error with Newcastle Xtreme scenery....  (Read 8319 times)
Mark James Tyrrell

« on: March 16, 2016, 10:06:40 PM »

I have recently purchased the Xtreme Newcastle Airport and had installed it with no problems. The strange thing I am concerned about is that the other add on airports I had installed have no problems whatsoever.

I have various Xtreme scenery and I also use the VFR Airfields scenery. What I am baffled with is that Newcastle only shows the default airport when using VFR Airfields. ( I did make sure that all VFR airfield airports are unchecked before installation of the Xtreme series)

I did uncheck this airport in the end by uninstalling it by using the VFR Airfields DVD-rom it is based on.
I then purchased the Xtreme Newcastle Airport and seemed to have installed normal.
I had done a night flight to Newcastle tonight and found that the airport only had one or two buildings and the main terminal was yet again Microsoft default airport scenery.
I did check my scenery library to find that the Xtreme Newcastle airport was installed and only showing one or two buildings and failing to show the terminal building, but instead Microsoft FSX default. I have never had this issue with any other add on airports from VFR Airfields or Xtreme airport series.
I know that I did place my UK2000 common library at the lower end of the list of airports in the scenery library as required by the instructions. I am baffled by this error. Does anyone know how I could get by this please? Many thanks.
Mark James Tyrrell

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 10:10:30 PM »

Ps. I did have 'VFR Airfields' Newcastle airport checked when I used it in FSX, but only showed the Microsoft Default airport, just to clarify.

Then deleted it before purchasing Xtreme Newcastle...  Smiley
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »

If Newcastle Xtreme is in your scenery library, and is ticked and the actual files are at the location that is shown in the scenery library, then it will display.

Also make sure your scenery complexity setting is turned up.
You should also run the VFR Airfields options program and UNTICK the newcastle from that product.

Mark James Tyrrell

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately, the airport is showing the terminal building with the Microsoft version embedded inside.
I did 'move up' the scenery in the scenery library.
Prior to installing Newcastle Xtreme, I did untick the VFR Airfields version.

I am just wondering where I can go from here?

Thanks.
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »

Are you using the default scenery with UK2000 airports, or do you have any ORBx packages installed and active?

Mark James Tyrrell

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 05:43:41 PM »

Hi Christopher, I am using the ORBX Ireland scenery. I am also using the VFR Playsims/ Horizons photographic scenery. All England and Wales and south Scotland.
Tom Earl

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »

Reinstall it.

Regards

TE
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 08:52:24 AM »

If you still cant fix it, please post a few screen shot, also confirm that Newcastle Xtreme is at the top of the scenery library.

You say 'default buildings inside it'

There are only a few situation that this would happen.

1) Newcastle is not at the top of your scenery library and there is something above it that as Newcastle objects (Most likely)

2) The Exclude file has installed, reinstalling the product will solve

3) Your FSX has a fault, its nothing to do with Newcastle, but somewhere else in which the entire scenery layers system has got messed up and FSX is no longer using the layers and exclude system.

Mark James Tyrrell

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »

Ok Thanks guys. I'll let you know of the outcome.
Mark James Tyrrell

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 11:50:49 PM »

Hello all,

I had deleted all my FSX add ons and FSX. The FSX I had deleted was the CD version that dated back from 2006! Of course with all the updates of that time, such as SP1 and SP2 etc!
Just to update you, I have now switched to FSX Steam Edition and it shows that Newcastle is looking very good from the Xtreme series.

I think it is time to move on and stick with the Steam Edition. Many thanks!  Wink

Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 06:24:51 AM »

It's good to know that you have solved the problem, Mark Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: