UK2000 Scenery Forum
August 23, 2017, 06:21:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helicopter Overlay AFCAD for FSX/Prepar3D  (Read 2594 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: September 03, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »

I've uploaded a "Helicopter Overlay AFCAD"  (see your download account) this is for users of AI Helicopter. Special thanks to George for making this file.

This is an ADDITION AFCAD files, do not remove your normal AFCAD, you will need some knowledge of how to use AI Helicopter in FS to use this file.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:11:07 AM by Gary Summons » Logged

Edward Cox

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »

Yes I've thought an overlay afcad will be needed for FS9 as I believe the choppers taxi to the active but not to the start of the active.

regards

Ed

My FS Videos
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 10:45:23 AM »

I dont know much about the subject as I never use Helicopter, but it should be possible to load this FSX AFCAD in ADE (in FS9 mode) then save it back as a FS9 AFCAD, I'll give it a go.

Edward Cox

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 01:31:42 PM »

I dont know much about the subject as I never use Helicopter, but it should be possible to load this FSX AFCAD in ADE (in FS9 mode) then save it back as a FS9 AFCAD, I'll give it a go.

I'd certainly like to check it out. It should  work. I have noticed some code in FS9 afcads that obviously came from FSX that can cause some problems when recompiling....but I can fix that.

regards

Ed

My FS Videos
Edward Cox

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »

The FSX afcad in FS9 did not work too well. I will try to create a scratch overlay afcad for FS9. I can see faults in the FSX afcad so it should be even better. Smiley

regards

Ed

My FS Videos
Colin Blane

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 12:28:55 AM »

Looking forward to the FS2004 helo afcad! Aberdeen scenery is absolutely is fantastic!

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »

Here's a conversion from Georges original. (see attachment below)

I have no idea if it will work as I dont have any Heli AI or Flightplans to test.

I assume you need to code the AI, so they use the CHC and BHL stands codes and also make flight plans to fly to and from this airport code which is "2GPD"  (NOT EGPD)

If anyone can get this test file to work, then I'll make it available from your account download

* AberdeenOverlay_FS9.zip (3.42 KB - downloaded 42 times.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:02:16 AM by Gary Summons » Logged

Colin Blane

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 08:22:56 PM »

Downloaded, will give it a try tomorrow - off to bed as up at 0245 for work! Who`d work at an airport - eh?

Colin

Colin Blane

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 10:31:56 PM »

OK the Helo overlay,

Th afcad has too much detail on it, when compared to some I have got from UTT for Russian Airports etc. All that appears to be needed are the parking spaces linked to the runway they will take off from. The whole airfield taxiways don`t seem to be required. The helos irrespective of where they are parked on the field taxi round to the active runway, when say 1 or 2 smaller overlays can be used for example, helos parked northside take off and land on nearest short runway - they need only be connected from the parking space to the runway you choose to connect them to - and they don`t get in the way of other AI traffic. This makes sense to me but......

David Belsey
BETA Tester

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »

The link for the helicopter overlay is broken.

Dave.

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 07:34:56 AM »

Thanks, now fixed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: