UK2000 Scenery Forum
April 29, 2017, 07:30:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems With Glasgow Extreme V3  (Read 1572 times)
mark normington

« on: November 02, 2016, 09:57:36 AM »

Hi,
I recently purchased the Glasgow Extreme version 3 scenery but I am having a few problems with it so I am hoping someone can help!

Firstly I have noticed that all landing aircraft are touching down in the last 1/3 of the runway.
Secondly on my final final approach I can not capture the ILS for the runway's 23 or 05.The little pink blobs show up in my panel so I obviously have got the correct freq of 110.10 entered into the Nav1 & Nav2

I can capture the glide-slope but when I have my APP button engaged it does not follow the correct angle of the glide and simply the aircraft goes into a steep descent causing the aircraft to hit the ground miles from the runway thresholds.

I am flying the default 737 in FSX steam with numerous add on's as listed below:-

UTX Europe
GEX Europe
GSX
My Traffic 2013
Radar Contact V4.3
HD Trees
REX Essential + Overdrive

I really hope some one can help as I really enjoy these scenery's and it would be a real shame if I have to uninstall the Glasgow one!

I suspect it has something to do with a conflicting AFCAD file some where but i'm am not that technically minded and don't really know where to start looking!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:00:55 AM by mark normington » Logged
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »

Does MyTraffic 2013 include AFD files?

mark normington

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 08:31:24 AM »

Hi,
I would think so!
But i wouldn't know where to look really!

Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 08:54:31 AM »

If a different AFD file is being used, you should notice that the AI planes are not parked correctly at the UK2000 Glasgow Xtreme gates. Can you check that? Maybe even post some screenshots to let us have a look?

mark normington

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 10:30:58 PM »

I have taken each of my add ons off in turn to see where the problem lies!
I have found that it is MYTraffic 2013 that is causing the problem!
I have un installed MyTraffic 2013 and everything is OK.
I can make a perfect approach using Radar Contact I capture the ILS for both 23 & 05 perfectly now and land normally!
Other aircraft are also landing correctly and touching down on the runway at the correct point.

As far as the other traffic was concerned when MyTraffic was installed everything to look at was perfect and all aircraft were parked in their correct positions and taxiing along the expected routes!

Like I said earlier the only 2 problems with it installed were that aircraft were landing on the last 1/3rd of the runway and on my approaches I was unable to capture the ILS.

So I have at least now narrowed it down to where the problem lies.Now all I need to do is find the file which is causing these problems.
Just to check in my scenery libary I have got all my add on UK2000 Airports at the top (1.EGCC 2.EGLL 3.EGPF 4. UK COMMON SCENERY 5. MY TRAFFIC)

Is this the correct order that they should be in?
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 10:34:18 PM »

Do problems like that happen at the other UK2000 Xtreme airports, Mark? I would assume that you would need to disable any MyTraffic 2013 AFD files that are connected with any of your UK2000 airports.

David Belsey
BETA Tester

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 08:13:07 AM »

Mark,

Go to the folder Flight Simulator X/MyTraffic/Scenery.

Search this folder for any file which includes the relevant ICAO code (i.e. EGPF).   Delete or disable this file.

Repeat for any other add-on airport that you have.

Dave.

mark normington

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 08:27:01 AM »

Thanks for all the suggestions folks!
I will re install my traffic later today and see what happens then.
It really is a strange one !

I have about another 6-8 of the UK 2000 scenerys installed including inverness, aberdeen, gatwick ,manchester ,birmingham & heathrow and all apart from the Glasgow one work perfectly with my Traffic.
Dave Booker
BETA Tester

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »

Inverness???

ATB
Dave Smiley
mark normington

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 01:16:49 PM »

Sorry I meant Edinburgh!
I am getting ahead of my self as Inverness is due out next year!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: