UK2000 Scenery Forum
January 22, 2017, 12:05:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creeping textures  (Read 474 times)
David Holland

« on: November 12, 2016, 05:36:51 PM »

Hi

I'm getting the "creeping textures" problem when taxying anywhere on the airport where, for example, an underlying texture like grass seems to be running alongside the aircraft as I move.  It's not restricted to just one part of the scenery - I'm experiencing it everywhere.  I've used a flatten polygon in the past to eliminate this at other airports but it's not working at EGBB.  I don't experience that at any of the other Extreme airports that I have.

I'm running FS9 in Windows 7 with an NVidia GTX560 Ti card.

Many thanks for any suggestions as to what might be causing this.

David
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 09:36:01 AM »

There is no know issue that is different from any other airport I make.

For FSX the polygons are on purpose made 3CM higher to limit flashing effects from high altitude. But I suspect you have some other addon like FTX that has charged the ground height, as my 3CM is hardly noticeable.

David Holland

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »

Well, not being one to give up that easily I eventually received advice from someone at Avsim.

I had previously created a flatten file for the airport which I kept in the same addon folder as the af2_egbb_UK2xGEN.bgl file but this made no difference to the problem.  I've now moved this flatten file to the World\Scenery folder in FS9 and this has resolved the creeping textures.  Does anyone know why this should be?

I've posted this here in case someone else comes up against the same problem.

David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: