UK2000 Scenery Forum
April 29, 2017, 07:30:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help  (Read 2283 times)
mike younge

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »

As promised:

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »

Thanks Mike

Oliver Soanes

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 06:28:23 PM »

I believe that to be the location of the new Aviation Academy at Norwich (ASP) which opens in April. It has a 737 replica inside.

See here: http://www.aviationskillspartnership.com/careers/international-aviation-academies/iaan

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:08:57 PM by Oliver Soanes » Logged
mike younge

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 06:45:32 AM »

Well that certainly solves the puzzle of the enclosed 737!  Grin The drawing will be useful to Gary too if he decides to tackle the new (as yet unfinished) hangar, although I see there has already been a slight divergence from the original plan, with the large window now being an 'extension'.

I had to take those photographs very quickly. We was on our way to a funeral at the local St Faiths crematorium, and as well as running a little late, I was in my black suit and tie. The wife wasn't at all happy about the detour, and the construction workers were looking more than slightly bemused (although the sight of me in my formal attire did seem to motivate them  Cheesy).

But, I will be in that area in a week or two, so if Gary needs any additional reference material (non airside), he only has to shout!

A nice little feature would be the small cemetery just left off the approach to runway 27. Its where some of the 'spotters' park, and quite visible from the left hand seat as you are crossing the threshold, BUT, if practicalities or time constraints means it gets omitted, I'm not complaining!  Smiley

ken walker

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 08:34:26 AM »

Hi Garry
The hangar in question is for the new academy. The classic 737 inside is ex Jet2 G-CELS.

Link......  www.aviationskillspartnership.com/#!international-aviation-academy-norwich-/cg8a
searching images in browser for Norwich airport academy will give you some artist impressions, but these are early drawings the final design has been tweaked a tad

Best regards
Ken.

tony kemp

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 12:44:02 PM »

I understand the new academy was officially open this morning.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: