UK2000 Scenery Forum
December 17, 2017, 03:51:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xmas Sale Now On!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove FTX Manchester  (Read 1814 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: February 16, 2017, 09:15:49 AM »

Despite a big message at the start of the installer. Some users still don't do this and have FTX default buildings, you have to remove the FTX England Manchester airport files:

Location is:
"Your FSX Folder".........\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery

Move or delete files  **ENG_EGCC.bgl
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:18:40 AM by Christopher Low » Logged

Keith Bowler

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »

Hi Gary
Would you clarify one issue with your advice in this post.   In the folder you mention, I can only find a single file of the form **ENG_EGCC.bgl, namely ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCC.bgl.    There are two more files with different forms to this, but also associated with Manchester, namely  ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCC_CVX.bgl and FTX_ENG_EGCC_objects.bgl.   Should these latter two also be renamed/deleted as well.  Am I correct in assuming this advice also applies to other UK2000 airports used in FTX England?
Regards
Keith
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:00:23 AM by Keith Bowler » Logged
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »

Yes remove all FTX EGCC files.

Same applies to all airport addon everywhere, you should have One airport in the same place, remove duplicate airport addons, inlcuding AFCAD files from AI Addons.  At the very least you are slowing down your flight sim, at worst it will cause conflicts with each other.

Ian Edwards

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 08:50:56 AM »

Morning.
I`m having problems installing UK2000 EGCC v2
I`ve deleted all the EGCC files from ORBX that I can see..
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCC
FTX_ENG_EGCC_objects
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCC_CVX

restarted PC
still getting ......If you are using Orbx England Please remove All FTX Manchester Scenery.........on the common libuary install
Bit stuck now.
Anyone help?
davidlb46
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 05:02:56 PM »

Does the install continue or does it abort? As you're installing a new scenery (EGCCv2) which requires an updated Common Library, you shouldn't see that warning appear again. All you have to do is look through the threads here to see how many questions are generated concerning ORBX and UK2000 sceneries, I guess Gary thought it necessary to add a warning to the install routines. I'd have thought it would warn during the EGCC install not the Common Library but there you go. I don't have any ORBX sceneries so I can't check. Sit tight though.. someone will have an answer Wink

ATB
Dave
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »

Ian The installer does not check if you have FTX, it's just a warning.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:45:35 PM by Christopher Low » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: