UK2000 Scenery Forum
November 21, 2017, 12:51:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 64bit Flight Sim  (Read 2004 times)
raymond fry

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 05:42:55 PM »

Did first flight Manchester to Liverpool needs work on the scenery airporst are barren.
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »

Please remember that you have purchased an Early Access version of DTG FlightSim World. This means that it is not the finished product.

raymond fry

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 09:46:13 PM »

I'm not knocking it I know its early access I think this has great potential, the bad weather flight is something to see the buffeting and turbulence and the rain effect, I don't think I've seen that in the other sims.

Ray Fry. 
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 07:50:09 AM »

I am going to be checking out some opinions on AVSIM and elsewhere today. I have no intention of purchasing the product at this stage, but I am curious to know what everyone else thinks about this early release version!

raymond fry

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 08:52:21 PM »

I`ve just seen the review of P3Dv4 out on 30th the rain effect is not as good as FSW, the smooth no stutters in FSW 64bit is a step up from FSX, theirs an update coming this week,

Ray Fry.   
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »

I gave this new FSW sim a try last night

Well not exactly mind blowing, it felt like 12years ago when I started FSX for the first time, 30-40fps flying out of Lydd.
System is a I7 at 4.6Ghz, 16GB RAM and GTX1070

I did find it very amusing it's selection of airfields in the UK:
Lyneham, Filton, Wattisham,Coltishall,Honington,Wyton,Predannack,Chivernor,Collerne,Wittering, Brough,Llanbedr,Baldoon,West Freugh  and probably a few more.

All of which and either closed or dont exist anymore. I use to live next to Baldoon, I think it last saw a plane in the 1970's, and West Freugh runway was ripped up a long time ago. I suspect these guys have looked at old addons (including my VFR Airfields) and assumed they are still used and exist today without checking  them self.

I understand its an early version, but honestly guys, go look at the CAA charts, or Pooleys guide and make the new Sim reflect the situation in 2017. Yes I also have some of these old closed airfields in VFR airfields because they were active when it was first made, FSW cant use that excuse.

No option I can see to change your scenery database either. The GUI interface feels like it's made for casual simmers, with its large single click selections icons, sort of a cross between the failed "MS flight" and FSX. Not saying anything wrong in that, but serious simmer are control freaks, there want set and change everything possible, so unless you can do that I feel its market share will suffer .

Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »

The two runways at West Freugh are still there, although the airfield is officially closed.

As for your comments about FlightSim World, I have to agree. Whilst Dovetail Games would never admit that they are aiming for the "more casual" flightsim crowd, early indications seem to suggest that this is the case. The combined AI Vehicles selection is a case in point. I would not be happy if I was unable to switch off animated cars on roads without having to disable AI planes at the same time. That does not seem to make a great deal of sense to me if you want to attract (as you say) "the control freaks" Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: