UK2000 Scenery Forum
August 23, 2017, 06:13:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Support for FSW  (Read 868 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: June 15, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »

"Flight Sim World" by DoveTail games is available from Steam, it's an Early access version of a 64Bit remake of FSX.

However it is not ready yet for scenery addons. I have tested Norwich Xtreme in FSW and yes I can get most of it to work, but like P3DV4 is  suffer from crashes related to moving up to 64bit and not supporting some of the old Precedular BGL code. In addition it has no night textures and some of the material settings don't work.  Im sure Dovetail are aware of these issues, and when the night time and Material bugs are fixed I will release updates to our products that work in FSW.

raymond fry

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:55:48 PM »

I've been trying FSW on and off as it develops now on update 9 with truSKY added we could be looking at the best default weather engine in flight sim, and with major updates still to come could be a worthy successor to FSX.

Ray Fry. 
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:24:59 AM »

Yes Im keeping an eye on it, the last time I looked it still has night image problems(did not use Lightmap images as night) and some other material bugs.

Also as far as I can see there's no SDK to help resolve those problems.

raymond fry

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »

I`ve seen an SDK folder on a dev`s pc on the twitch stream this week on the mission editor , but I think they will wait until that get near full release before pushing it out they don`t want problem later with updates breaking something as often happens.
P.S I did install EGCC UK200 just pointed the installer to the right place and it installed but not without problems in the sim and have removed it, there are some great video`s on you tube of truSKY in FSW just shows there`s some clever dev`s in Liverpool to.

Ray Fry.
raymond fry

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »

I have been able to get ORBX scenery from FSX:SE to show in FSW so far I have EU Land Class, and North American LC, Innsbruck LWOI airport, Monument Valley, and I'm just trying VECTOR to see how it performs.
Ray Fry. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: