UK2000 Scenery Forum
December 17, 2017, 05:38:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xmas Sale Now On!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Support for FSW  (Read 2590 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: June 15, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »

"Flight Sim World" by DoveTail games is available from Steam, it's an Early access version of a 64Bit remake of FSX.

However it is not ready yet for scenery addons. I have tested Norwich Xtreme in FSW and yes I can get most of it to work, but like P3DV4 is  suffer from crashes related to moving up to 64bit and not supporting some of the old Precedular BGL code. In addition it has no night textures and some of the material settings don't work.  Im sure Dovetail are aware of these issues, and when the night time and Material bugs are fixed I will release updates to our products that work in FSW.

raymond fry

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:55:48 PM »

I've been trying FSW on and off as it develops now on update 9 with truSKY added we could be looking at the best default weather engine in flight sim, and with major updates still to come could be a worthy successor to FSX.

Ray Fry. 
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:24:59 AM »

Yes Im keeping an eye on it, the last time I looked it still has night image problems(did not use Lightmap images as night) and some other material bugs.

Also as far as I can see there's no SDK to help resolve those problems.

raymond fry

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »

I`ve seen an SDK folder on a dev`s pc on the twitch stream this week on the mission editor , but I think they will wait until that get near full release before pushing it out they don`t want problem later with updates breaking something as often happens.
P.S I did install EGCC UK200 just pointed the installer to the right place and it installed but not without problems in the sim and have removed it, there are some great video`s on you tube of truSKY in FSW just shows there`s some clever dev`s in Liverpool to.

Ray Fry.
raymond fry

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »

I have been able to get ORBX scenery from FSX:SE to show in FSW so far I have EU Land Class, and North American LC, Innsbruck LWOI airport, Monument Valley, and I'm just trying VECTOR to see how it performs.
Ray Fry. 
raymond fry

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 07:09:44 PM »

I have installed UK2000 EGCC, EGLL, EGBB, EGKK, but the free version as I found it will CTD with the Xtrem, they work I have posted some screenshot`s on steam but you must not select one in your flight plane as the sim will close, but you can fly into them no problem, there some issues with lights ect but that's to be expected, but I find myself spending more time in FSW tweaking and playing around with it trying to beak it to see how far I can push it, I think FSW could well be the successor to FSX in 64bit even some of the P3D guys are dipping there toe into FSW they want trueSKY .
Ray Fry.
Rob Ainscough

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 06:08:54 AM »

I'm using FSW also just to see how it's progressing.  I like TruSky, but it's got some issues:

1.  Clouds morph to quickly and the effective is very repeatative
2.  The morphing effect looks more like a ripple warp effect not really cloud motion
3.  So far there seems to be only one "layer" of clouds regardless of the weather option I select
4.  With the Stormy weather selected flying over KOAK for a landing and I was at 14 fps (keep in mind this is on a 7900X @5Ghz with Titan XP)

The TruSky SDK looks very easy to implement, but I they need to address the above 4 issues (which I'm pretty sure can be addressed) ... I'm hoping issue #4 is due to lack of optimizations.  But as it stands now HiFi's ASP4/ASCA is better at depicting weather and that's the bar FSW will need to reach as that will be the expectation for those users coming from FSX/P3D.

As far as UK2000 scenery, or any scenery, I would think almost ALL textures, lightmaps (or lack of), etc. will need to be re-worked in order to look good with FSW's version of PBR implementation.

I kinda wish all 4 companies (P3D, XP11, AF2, FSW) would just combine into one company ... putting cost aside for buying 4 of the same airport for each platform, just keep all 4 platforms updated is very time consuming.  As it stands now this best of each:

1.  XP11 for night lighting
2.  FSW PBR and rain effects
3.  AF2 excellent performance and LOD distances for Photoreal
4.  P3D best AA and shadow quality, massive content availability, very good performance, largest active user base

Cheers, Rob.
raymond fry

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »

There is an update in the pipeline for trusky I don't think there is another sim out there that will touch the weather in FSW when fully implemented, I've just done a flight out of rygge to Oslo city and back, setting the weather on day autumn fine weather scattered clouds, I found myself in snow covered landscape the sun was out lighting up the clouds even with some small issues that will be sorted there's no other sim to touch it for that, and I've been flight simming on and of since fs98, it`s the trusky update that has made the sales take off even some P3D guy`s have forked out on it to see how far it goes.

Ray Fry.    
Chris Tutthill

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 06:23:29 PM »

Ray, how did adding orbx vector go? Any problems? Did you try any regions? I might try England later.
Chris
Junior Silva

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »

The SDK is finally released (two days ago).
http://steamcommunity.com/games/389280/announcements/detail/1464097650385123380
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: