UK2000 Scenery Forum
December 17, 2017, 05:44:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xmas Sale Now On!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Installer system  (Read 1863 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: June 20, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »

UK2000 Now has a new installer that will be introduced as products are updated.

With so many sims it has become increasing difficult to maintain so many installer variation. I must have 100+ installers, updates and demos.

The new system involves all the product scenery assets in ONE "content package", it then uses a separate installer to install into your particular sim. Each sim requires different BGL files, but most image files are the same across most sims.

I would recommend you store all Airport Content package files and the separate installer in the same storage folder. The Installer will auto download when first run any of the package files.

The advantages are:
1) Less files both for me and less files for you if you use multiple sims on the same PC.
2) Auto updates when you run the package
3) Easier for me to to update the content package.
4) Easier for me to update the installer method without touching the Content packages. (So when there's a new sim, I Just add that to the installer)

Please be aware that first time you use this system it will Auto download the Installer and Commen Library again.

Another change is I'm not installer lots of links into your Start Menu for each airport. If you want to see the Manual or use the OPTIONS program, use your file Explorer and look in the products folder.

I dont think the majority of users want these links, filling up your Start-All programs with UK2000 links is not necessary, you can always do that yourself if you want to.

Currently there is no Auto Uninstall, so you want to remove, you remove it from your Scenery Library list, then delete the actual product folder.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:31:36 PM by Gary Summons » Logged

Elmar Wegerle

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »

Hi Gary

The fact that we can install scenery now outside the SIM is great. I also like the XML system to add on scenery, especially if you need to re-install the SIM.  Having said that I have two sceneries in one location and the other 4 in a different one.  I have no problem in putting them into one central location and modify the xml.  But I found two Common common libraries now. One contains the XML add on the other not.  I guess I can delete the one that does not have the XML Add on file?

Cheers

Elmar
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:07:45 AM »

Yes, you only need the latest common Library.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: