UK2000 Scenery Forum
September 23, 2017, 04:16:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Products now compatible with Prepar3D V4  (Read 1311 times)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« on: July 28, 2017, 06:54:55 PM »

All Products including the existing beta P3DV4 versions have been updated for this Saturdays mass update. There have been some common changes across all products that required changing all of them.

***NOTE, there is NO Gatwick for P3DV4 until the new Gatwick V4 is released in Early September***

Keynotes:
1 )All Xtreme range airport BGL files are now P3Dv4 format (except Gatwick).
2) Shadows in the model files are now turn on, in the past I never set shadows in the models as to improved performance, but with P3DV4 and a moderm PC, it only makes a  5%-%8 change in FPS. You now control if you want shadows off or on via the 'SimObject' tickbox in the P3D settings

3) Using the P3DV4 Sdk and shadows ON, introduced a few material bugs, so certain textures and materials where changed to solve.

4) In the past airport signs were becoming difficult to read due more dynamic/contrast lighting in P3D, this has become very difficult to read in P3DV4 compiled signs. So all signs now 'emit' a degree of light, so they are now a lot easier to see and read.

5) MIP3 restriction now removed. What? you may ask.  
When I first made many of my airports, we were all using FSX and most with Bi-linear filtering. This produced a really bad blurry scene. So I invited this 'hack' in the image files to only store MIP levers, 0,1 and 2. This meant it was sharp and did not blur in the distance. However as more user went over to Anisotropic filtering you got a 'twinkling effect' and MIP3 hack is not needed any more. So it's time to retire this, and all ground image should now not twinkle any more.

The good is, I now have all VFR Airfields and all Xtreme range airport working in my P3DV4, and everything is running well. As many may remember when you tried to do this in FSX and P3Dv1-3,  yes it also worked, but there was more noticeable drop in FPS when all were active. This effect seams a lot less using P3DV4 and it probably due to the 64bit nature of the sim.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:49:51 AM by Gary Summons » Logged

Richard McDonald Woods

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 07:23:48 AM »

Hi Gary,
Many thanks for all of your efforts.
Just about to install EGLL and EGKK into P3Dv4 on my new PC.
Looking forward to flying in/out of London again. Wink

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:46:51 AM »

There is no V3 Gatwick for P3Dv4, you have to wait for V4 to be released in Early September

Thomas Derb

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »

Hi Gary

Thanks for this, I have already updated to EGCC EGLL and EGBB version 4.  Is there a need to download and install these again or not?

EDIT: ignore!  I actually read your post again and its clear I need to download again.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:58:39 PM by Thomas Derb » Logged
Bjoern Braeuer

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »

Hi Gary,
after installing the new library and the new EGLC installer in P3Dv4 I noticed that SODE driven windsocks and PAPI housings are missing at the field.
I manually copied the SODE files from "..\UK2000 Common Library\SODE\SimObjects\UK2000 Scenery" into "C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects\UK2000 Scenery" and repaired SODE install 1.5.3
SODE is up and working - however the objects do not show up @ EGLC. Did I miss something here???
Thx for your continued support!
Best, Björn
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:24 AM »

Im not use SODE Papi or windsock, I never said I had.

At the moment Im using it for a simple safedock only

Bjoern Braeuer

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:10:04 PM »

Huh
Ok, got it. However, they do not show up on my P3D... Not a big thing though. Thx anyway!
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 06:59:15 PM »

The Safedocks should show up at Heathrow, Manchester, Stansted,Glasgow, Edinburgh and Birmingham. I'll need to know if there not working, as they do on my PC.

If you have installed 'SODE' correctly you will have on your P3D menu a 'ADD-ons' item, click that, then click SODE 1.5.3, then click 'Text-Menu Commands" You should then see a dialog to off and on the Safedocks

Bjoern Braeuer

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 04:03:16 PM »

Hi Gary!
Ok, I tested them in Glasgow. The Menu is there and I can turn them on and off, however they are static objects only. When switching ´em off via the SODE menu the static objects also disappear...

I´ve used the GSX ini file but GSX positions a marshaller at site (in my case Gate 28). Safedock is not recognized by GSX, either...

Then I tested the SODE Safedock system with JustSim´s EDDL - all up and running perfectly. It seems to me it is not a general SODE problem at my end...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:30:53 PM by Bjoern Braeuer » Logged
Trevor Hannant

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »

Gary, are there any plans to update the free versions to run in P3D or would that be too much to take on at this time?  

(Not asking for myself but a couple of others who've posted elsewhere)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »

Not at the moment, but you can probably get them work by using the FSX version, install to somewhere,  remove any files with 'FS9' in file namess, point your P3Dv4 scenery Library at that location and most will work.

Trevor Hannant

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: