UK2000 Scenery Forum
November 24, 2017, 01:36:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyclic pauses in London area after EGLL Extreme install ?  (Read 437 times)
Chuck Oman

« on: September 12, 2017, 02:55:02 PM »

Hi Gary -

My P3Dv4 has been running flawlessly for several months, so I recently downloaded/installed the new version of UK2000 EGLL Extreme for v4.  Discovered that now when I fly or launch at or near EGLL, the sim cyclically pauses (mouse goes busy, menus inop) for 20-30 sec, then runs again for 30-40 sec, on exactly a one minute cycle.  Happens with default P3D aircraft like Bonanza. Very repeatable, and the cycle starts almost immediately.  Thinking it might be some kind of scenery conflict, I manually uninstalled the new EGLL scenery, returning to stock.  To my surprise the problem persisted even after the uninstall.  Repeatable and very specific to London area: Cyclic pausing at EGLL, EGKK, EGLC, EGWU, EGGW, but not at airports further away like EGPH, EIDW, EGBB, EGCC, EGCN or even at airports just beyond the FIR like EGKA, EGMC, or EGLJ.  Never seen it at the dozens of US airports I routinely fly into - including some with complex scenery (e.g. FSDT SFOv2HD).

At first I assumed it might be a conflict with Orbx Vector, but no reports on their board.  I posted a report on the P3Dv4 forum, and another P3Dv4 user said he'd encountered the same problem, but had not had Vector previously installed, and manually uninstalled EGLLExtreme. (Both of us found the control panel auto-uninstall did not remove everything in v4, BTW) 

Does the new UK2000 EGLL Extreme installer makes any changes in the stock P3D scenery files that also have to be undone during a manual uninstall ?   (BTW I checked and there is no Global AEC correction file remaining).

Have you had any other reports of London area pauses with the new EGLL installed, or after uninstall ?  Any thoughts on what might be causing pauses on such a regular one minute cycle ?  Ideas on things we could try ?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks

Chuck O

(FYI my system is: Win7Ultimate, i7 3.3/GTX960/24GB RAM/large SSD, and runs FSX+fixer, P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4 without other problems.  Pausing not present in P3Dv3.4 at same stock London airports.  Pausing happens regardless of whether AS16 or Chaseplane is running.   P3Dv4 ATC not active, and no ATC addons or Navigraph Simlink installed.  FSUIPC5 FS clock reset option is set to off.  UAAutomationCore.dll fix is installed.  I tried pulling autogen sliders and scenery complexity all the way left, but no change.  So doubt it is a RAM or GPU related phenomenon.)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:57:11 PM by Chuck Oman » Logged
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:40:56 AM »

There's no way of knowing why your specific PC/sim pauses, unless a programmer of sim it self is watching. The scenery is mostly the same as it is on FS2004, FSX, P3Dv1-3, but you say it does it with those turned off, then maybe its something else.

Does the new UK2000 EGLL Extreme installer makes any changes?

No, just the product folder is added

However there is one possible cause here, do you use 'SODE' ?

I've become very suspicious at this addon for causing pauses. If you select 'Use Sode Safedocks' in the options it will add a SODE XML file to the SODE addon, try removing this file C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme.xml (or even deactivating SODE in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SODEPlatformManager.exe)

Let me know if this works
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:43:02 AM by Gary Summons » Logged

Chuck Oman

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »

Many thanks Gary - your hunch was entirely correct.

I have SODE 1.5.3 (works fine at FSDT airports)
After uninstalling UK2000 EGLLExtreme v3, I did have a residual file C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme.xml. 
Renaming it .OFF eliminated the long pauses with the P3Dv4 stock London area scenery.

Guessing there must be some Common Library/SODE gate conflict ? If so, hope you can work with Jeffrey to resolve.

Till then, I'd like to reinstall UK2000 HeathrowXtreme 3.1, and live without SODE gates.
What is the best way to do this ?
When does the SODE .xml file get created ?  When the UK2000 installer runs, or every time P3Dv4 launches ?
Must I turn off SODE when flying to EGLLXtreme, or will renaming the .xml file once after install work ?

Chuck
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:19:02 PM »

Sode is used for the Safedock, not the Jetway Gates

Run the Heathrow options program, untick the SODE option, it then replaces the SODE Safedocks with static models. I will email them to see if they have any ideas what this could be.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:51:32 PM by Gary Summons » Logged

Thomas Derb

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 06:29:04 PM »

hmm interesting...is this likely to affect everyone Gary with Safedock enabled?  Performance isn't great in the London area per se so anything to eliminate unwanted pauses/freezes is welcome.  I can live without SODE safedocks, I use GSX so the marshaller does the job.
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 07:57:19 AM »

.is this likely to affect everyone Gary with Safedock enabled?

May do, but other airport with a smaller Quantity of SODE objects may not show any problem.
 It's looks like the cycle is when SODE rechecks its area to see if SODE objects are nearby. The time it take to do that check depends on the qty, that in turn depends on the CPU having time do that before the next frame is due, which will vary from PC to PC

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 07:23:05 PM »

Jeffrey and I think it could be the missing model. Did you install the Common Library?, the common Library installs  the actual safedock model into C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\UK2000 Scenery folder

Check that location

I tested it without the model, and they was 10second pause every minute, as FS is busy searching for a model 200 times.

It also an explanation for my long pause while I was working on Gatwick last week, I was messing with the SODE models and forgot to add back the correct one

Chuck Oman

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »

Gary -
FYI I did have common library installed, and I can see the safedock models in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\UK2000 Scenery.

All running smoothly in London area now after I reinstalled UK2000 EGLL Xtreme with Sode option unticked.

Only funnies I see at EGLL are related to GSX - the Follow Me truck drives over grass and gets lost.  Some warp to parking spots seem off.
Made me wonder if GSX is using the wrong EGLLXtreme .bgl.
Currently it is pointing to Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme\scenery\egll_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl.
(156 kb).  Is that the proper one ?
(I notice there are a bunch of other .bgls and a .zip in \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme\Options.
Was one of them supposed to be used instead ?)

Chuck
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 07:49:18 AM »

UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme\scenery\egll_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl is the correct file. GSX has always had a mind of its own.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: