UK2000 Scenery Forum
December 17, 2017, 03:38:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xmas Sale Now On!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Work in Progress  (Read 257772 times)
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2017, 08:08:38 AM »

I see that you have moved Bournemouth up the list, Gary. That is fantastic news!

Oliver Moss

« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2017, 05:52:55 PM »

Thankyou, this is great news Smiley
Joel Dupont

« Reply #617 on: August 30, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »

This is amazing news. Cant wait for Bournemouth!!!!
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »

Currently my work in progress is Both Guernsey and Belfast City.

In addition I'm investigating a new vehicle animation system for P3DV4 users, this will be very difficult and take  some time, but I'm hoping I can get something for next years updates.

Gregory Putz

« Reply #619 on: October 03, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »

Hi Gary

Would you mind telling us what, if any, plans you have for FS9 versions of the airports you have as works in progress.  I apologise if this has been stated elsewhere.

Greg
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #620 on: October 04, 2017, 07:51:16 AM »

New FS9 products will be coming to an end soon, I've been saying this for almost 2 years. Currently there will be Belfast City Xtreme and Guernsey Xtreme for FS9. But I cant say any further on than that.

Gregory Putz

« Reply #621 on: October 04, 2017, 02:27:28 PM »

I've always looked forward to each airport you've developed for FS9 so the two you mentioned will be no exception.  UK2000 is one of the last commercial developers to support FS9 so I thank you for that.  But, it was inevitable that one day we would reach the end of the line.  Now I have a clearer picture of when that will happen.  Thanks for repeating your plans for FS9.   
Graeme Butler

« Reply #622 on: October 04, 2017, 11:33:53 PM »

Thanks Gary from another FS9 die hard! I will buy them if you make them.
George Henman

« Reply #623 on: October 16, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »

No more FS9 développements.... I was afraid that this would be happening one dau or another.
It is a very bad news... but is such is your intention...
Thanks for all the nice sceneries you have made and for the few last ones to come.
Regards,
George.

Morten Hansen

« Reply #624 on: October 27, 2017, 08:15:07 AM »

I must admit I totally understand Gary on this, supporting such an old platform is just not profitable, and Im sure Gary doesnt like doing things for free lol.

I personally do wonder why people hang on to FS9 and as a very minimum doesnt progress on to FSX?

I personally run P3D V4 and Im a big fan of the dynamic lights, and great job on that by the way Gary, Im very much looking forward to updates for the remaining airports
George Henman

« Reply #625 on: October 27, 2017, 08:36:17 AM »

Oh, I got it now, it is just to make money out of it...
Well in this case, the old pensioned guy like me who already invested thousands of euros in FS9 sceneries and add-ons will just need to sit on it.
I am very disappointed, but that's today's world isn't it?
Regards,
George.
Dan

« Reply #626 on: October 27, 2017, 10:02:07 AM »

George/All,

As has been stated earlier, Gary is one of the very last to have held onto the diminishing FS9 market for this length of time, and the fact he has done so is a massive credit to him and to his determination to keep as many people happy as possible..however like all things, there has to be a point to move on. I'm not bad-mouthing FS9, it is still (in my opinion) one of the finest simulators out there, but as fewer people use it, the cost of designing scenery for that market has to be considered, and as a business I'm sure he won't want to make something that not enough people will buy/is an incresing loss of time and money for him.

So in answer to your question- it's just to make money out of it..well yes it is. I'm sure Gary has bills to pay, mouths to feed etc. and just as technology moves from Betamax-VHS-DVD-BluRay etc. the market for the older items naturally dries out. So please, Gentlemen (and ladies, do we have ladies here??) no more nagging and complaining.
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #627 on: October 27, 2017, 11:54:55 AM »

How many addons for FS98 are released these days? Time and technology moves on, and the age of FS9 is almost over.

Matthew Brown

EGHI

« Reply #628 on: October 27, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »

I really do understand it also but really hope that it can hold on a little longer. The first email I sent to Gary asking about Bournemouth & Southampton was 6 years ago and the estimate then was end of 2012!
I don't buy every single FS9 scenery that comes out but do buy the ocasional one from time to time (Birmingham, Gatwick, Jersey etc). I'm just not a fan of airports further North and have been holding out these 6 years waiting for EGHH and EGHI to be released but every year they keep being pushed down and down and further down the list making other airports and remakes and more remakes and now unfortunately with the risk they might be just made for newer sims...
The moment they are released on FS9 I would buy both of them at the same time even if they cost 50GBP each!

Same as everyone else with the amount of money already invested in FS9, the tweaks etc it's looking really beautiful and all the time put into it. I got FSX steam edition but it was like "woah ok, got to start from 0 and everything I've purchased before is now not going to work" in terms of aircraft etc and other sceneries. To be honest I'm surprised EGHH and EGHI haven't been made before to be honest, I know they are always made based on popularity but there is a lot of people in the south and seeing more and more people mention these airports. Probably would have been a good idea to have a vote system for people to vote for their next favourite airport.

I mean if it helps I'd even go about buying the rest of the FS9 sceneries made by UK2000 that I don't have just to boost the sim numbers, but I'm sure there's people like me also who love and use FS9 and have been holding back for these legendary southern airports and not buying anything else. I recently bought for example a new payware CRJ made for FS9 and other scenery is also being made.

Thanks again as always and here's praying they won't get shunted down the list anymore and can still be made as a FS9 version even if it's just a more basic version of the new sims, at least to replace the aging scenery of EGHH and EGHI I've had since 16 years ago. Even if they are more expensive or what ever, for the extra work.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:29:59 PM by Matthew Brown » Logged

Waiting eagerly for Southampton Xtreme!
Christopher Low
BETA Tester

« Reply #629 on: October 27, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »

I can certainly understand that FS9 users would like to see the list of UK2000 regional airports completed before the final torpedo is released Wink As for EGHH Bournemouth, I share your hunger for it. I was really happy when Gary moved Guernsey, Belfast City and Bournemouth to the top of the list...and even more pleased when the Belfast Aldergrove remake was slotted in after that!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  

Jump to: