UK2000 Scenery Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:35:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xmas Sale Now On!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]
  Print  
Author Topic: Work in Progress  (Read 257566 times)
Mark Sewell

« Reply #630 on: October 31, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »

I can certainly understand that FS9 users would like to see the list of UK2000 regional airports completed before the final torpedo is released Wink As for EGHH Bournemouth, I share your hunger for it. I was really happy when Gary moved Guernsey, Belfast City and Bournemouth to the top of the list...and even more pleased when the Belfast Aldergrove remake was slotted in after that!

I agree completely!  Looking forward to all 4 of these airports mentioned here.

Also love the v4 installers, Gary, thanks for all the great work you do for us.

Tony Madge
BETA Tester

« Reply #631 on: November 15, 2017, 02:57:47 PM »

I am a FS9 user and wont spend money on the latest versions as I have too much invested in FS9, however I know that most developers have moved on and I knew it was only a matter of time before Gary had to leave FS9 behind, he has gone above and beyond supporting my favourite sim so I thank him for that, FS9 users are very defensive of it, I include myself in that group. But Gary has to make a living and it is unfair to think it is all about money.. If it was Gary would have pulled out of FS9 a while back. I also think it is unfair from non FS9 users to think the sim is past its sell by date and everyone be should move on. No it's not and I reckon if a poll of users were to be published it would show FS9 is far from dead. I run a website HJG (Historic Jet Group) it is mainly all about FS9 but does do FSX as well, but the main slant is towards FS9. It is well used and liked and I do an awful lot of work painting and upkeep of the site. I have no plans to close the site and no plans to retire FS9 Smiley

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40GHz @ 3.80GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P Motherboard
Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR3 XMS3 PC2-1600C9 Ram
Gainward GTX 260 896MB 2200MHz GPU 625 MHz 216 Cores
3x SATA H/Ds
XP sp3
FS9
Jonathan sims

« Reply #632 on: November 19, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »

Hi Tony,
Very well said, i am exactly the same as you and continue to use fs9 as it runs so well plus the investment i have made.
HJG is a superb site just down loaded the 727 which is very good for free.
Keep up the good work

Tks
Jonathan
Dan

« Reply #633 on: November 19, 2017, 12:14:05 PM »

I can't wait to see the first pics of the next 2 airports!
Joshua Kavanagh

« Reply #634 on: November 22, 2017, 06:40:08 PM »

Hi, in case you don't know me, I am an admin on the UK2000 Facebook Page. I ran a poll on the page as to whether Gary is right to stop development for FS9. The poll received 334 votes in total over the last 7 days. 82% voted for that Gary is right to stop development, with 12% saying they disagree with the decision. Most comments on the poll post said the same thing that FS9 is now an outdated sim, but they understand why no one will change sims; financial reasons e.g. spent thousands of pounds on a sim in scenery and upgrades to suddenly mean nothing and having to start again. I also agree with Gary's decision, as it is an outdated sim which is now nearly 14 years old, and is also not financially beneficial, as the time developing for the sim doesn't reflect in sales of scenery for that sim. You can see the Facebook post on the UK2000 Facebook page here- https://www.facebook.com/uk2000scenery/posts/686300361575471   Smiley
Tony Madge
BETA Tester

« Reply #635 on: November 22, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »

I always live by the rule, if it aint broke don't fix it..... FS9 will carry on with the existing software for many many years, FSX never lived as long and the P3 whatever has had so many updates it is in my view all a joke, FS9 brought realism to FS and will have place of honour for as long as I use FS. I have FSX, latest version all singing and dancing, but I only ever use it for low level VFR and rarely at that, it is supplementary to my FS9 and will never replace it. But I respect everyones choice so all I say respect mine and other FS9 users, don't tell me my FS9 is old and outdated, I know that but I love it.... Gary rightfully has moved on, again I understand that, I'm happy where I am and I thank all designers for giving me a great sim, if no other updates from anywhere happens I wont cry I have enough to keep me going for the years I have left on this planet Smiley

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40GHz @ 3.80GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P Motherboard
Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR3 XMS3 PC2-1600C9 Ram
Gainward GTX 260 896MB 2200MHz GPU 625 MHz 216 Cores
3x SATA H/Ds
XP sp3
FS9
Joshua Kavanagh

« Reply #636 on: November 22, 2017, 07:51:54 PM »

I always live by the rule, if it aint broke don't fix it..... FS9 will carry on with the existing software for many many years, FSX never lived as long and the P3 whatever has had so many updates it is in my view all a joke, FS9 brought realism to FS and will have place of honour for as long as I use FS. I have FSX, latest version all singing and dancing, but I only ever use it for low level VFR and rarely at that, it is supplementary to my FS9 and will never replace it. But I respect everyones choice so all I say respect mine and other FS9 users, don't tell me my FS9 is old and outdated, I know that but I love it.... Gary rightfully has moved on, again I understand that, I'm happy where I am and I thank all designers for giving me a great sim, if no other updates from anywhere happens I wont cry I have enough to keep me going for the years I have left on this planet Smiley

I completely agree with you, I am just simply putting across the vote and what people said, to the forum members. As you said if it is not broken, then don't fix it Smiley
Edward Cox

« Reply #637 on: November 23, 2017, 05:30:15 AM »

I did not know UK2000 had a Facebook page. I had a quick read and did not like what I saw. Cheesy

I'm a dedicated FS niner who will be continuing to fly/develop for FS9 for the foreseeable future. Cool

regards

Ed

My FS Videos
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #638 on: November 23, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »

I dont do facebook, this is FAN based site only,  I allow it to use the UK2000 name, but do not participant in,  all latest news and support is on this forum.

Joshua Kavanagh

« Reply #639 on: November 23, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »

I dont do facebook, this is FAN based site only,  I allow it to use the UK2000 name, but do not participant in,  all latest news and support is on this forum.

Sorry, should of mentioned that it is not an official page, in my post. But still a lot of your fans responded the poll we did Smiley
Gregory Putz

« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2017, 10:01:56 PM »

Hi, in case you don't know me, I am an admin on the UK2000 Facebook Page. I ran a poll on the page as to whether Gary is right to stop development for FS9. The poll received 334 votes in total over the last 7 days. 82% voted for that Gary is right to stop development, with 12% saying they disagree with the decision.

What is the point of this poll?   Why is it so important for people who don't use FS9 to weigh-in whether UK2000 should or shouldn't continue developing for that platform?  Gary made his decision and expressed his reasons.  That is the only opinion that counts.  It sometimes seems that those who don't use FS9 are annoyed because some of us still prefer that platform.               
Gregory Putz

« Reply #641 on: November 29, 2017, 10:10:01 PM »

I'm a dedicated FS niner who will be continuing to fly/develop for FS9 for the foreseeable future. Cool

I am someone who dabbles with FS9 scenery design so I will second that sentiment.   
Joshua Kavanagh

« Reply #642 on: November 29, 2017, 10:14:22 PM »

Hi, in case you don't know me, I am an admin on the UK2000 Facebook Page. I ran a poll on the page as to whether Gary is right to stop development for FS9. The poll received 334 votes in total over the last 7 days. 82% voted for that Gary is right to stop development, with 12% saying they disagree with the decision.

What is the point of this poll?   Why is it so important for people who don't use FS9 to weigh-in whether UK2000 should or shouldn't continue developing for that platform?  Gary made his decision and expressed his reasons.  That is the only opinion that counts.  It sometimes seems that those who don't use FS9 are annoyed because some of us still prefer that platform.                

I agree, with what you said, I purely just created the poll just to see what people thought, it was of no importance, just curious and I totally understand why people don't want to change platforms with spending loads of money on it. If people are happy with the way their simulator looks, then their is no reason to change platform. I totally agree that it is up to Gary as to what he wants to do, it is his company and I know for a fact that he is there for his loyal customers and followers. I myself have P3D V4, so I am not bothered by this decision, but as I said, I was just curious as to what people thought. Not like I would take anything they said in to consideration, LOL Smiley
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:18:06 PM by Joshua Kavanagh » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]
  Print  

Jump to: