UK2000 Scenery Forum
October 18, 2017, 02:53:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FSX or Prepar3D  (Read 215 times)
Brian Cooper

« on: September 30, 2017, 06:58:29 AM »

HI

I walked away from FSX when I had children and my Windows PC and moved to iMac.

Now I would like to get back into Flightsim. However, I feel like a stranger, 7 years has past and I really am lost, there is so much out there.

First job is I need to buy a good Windows PC, can anyone advise a Grey Haired Old Man (hair wasn't grey before having kids) what sort of PC to buy.

Here's what I want to do with it, for me its all about the Scenery, Sky and Water Textures, I love Garys Scenery and Orbx Scenery. So I'm a Scenery flyer. Covered in dust I have an old original copy of FSX (without the Service Packs) should I use it or upgrade to FSX SE as I read it has performance enhancements.

Or should I move on to Prepar3D?

Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 09:02:22 AM »

P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 are considered better than FSX, have a read of my thred here

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=9050.0

Keep an eye on FSW (flight sim world), but I will not be making VFR Airfields for FSW as VFR airfields work has now closed for good.

dont bother with FSX SE, it's basically the as normal FSX

Brian Cooper

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 12:29:06 AM »

Thanks for replying Gary.

When you say better are you meaning in performance or visual etc.

The last time I ran FSX on an old PC I had stutters and blurries issues does Prepar3d not have many of these issues or are PCs so much better now that you can eliminate a lot of these issues with FSX

Lastly which version of Prepar3d would I need to purchase to basically fly around and enjoy the scenery
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »

I dont want to sway you one one or the other, but have there advantages over FSX in all areas.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:45:10 PM by Gary Summons » Logged

Brian Cooper

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »

Thanks Gary, I've leaning towards Prepar3d V3.4 at the moment, I believe I can buy the Academic one for basically flying aircraft low and slow over scenery and it will give me the same scenery as the Professional version. The Water I think looks ok in V3.4 and it is Direct X 11.

Would you say I needed Sky, Clouds or Water add-ons or is all ok in Prepar3d V3.4

My final question, what Traffic add-on would you recommend for Prepar3d
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: