UK2000 Scenery Forum
November 23, 2017, 03:06:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All Products now for compatible with Prepar3D V4

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working installer for UK2000 Airfields 1  (Read 309 times)
Bruce66

« on: November 04, 2017, 10:44:57 AM »

I have purchased and downloaded the southern airfields but the installer just goes into a loop after writing the files to the temp folder.

All the other installers work so there is a UK2000 folder in my FSX Steam and I can manually copy the scenery and texture files to that folder from the temp folder. But I cannot use the Options application.

Is there a fix for this?
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »

There is no issue Im aware off, you never have to move any files from the temp extraction folder. When it extracts it then runs the installer.exe, so does it do that?

Turn off anti-virus incase that is stoping it.

If not please post screen shots of its progress as you install.

Bruce66

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 04:05:41 PM »

I will try again but I did have the anti virus off.

It gets the extraction done then the installer asked what I want to install. There is only the one option which is UK2000 airfields (or whatever it's called - I'm on my phone).

From there it just deleted the temp folder and extracts the files to a new temp folder. Round and round in a loop without ever installing.

As I mentioned in my first post I can stop after extraction and move files from the temp to FSX steam. And it works just no Options.

I will try again this evening and report back.
Bruce66

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »

OK I double checked and all anti virus is off.

When I install the common library package 3.48 it first extracts the files and then a page pops where I choose FSX Steam and it installs.

With UK2000 VFR Airfields Vol 1 Package 2.2 it extracts the files and then instead of the install screen it goes back to the start and asks again for my code.

I tried the update package and it takes me right through but right at the end it says I need the full version installed.

I can't see how a screen shot will help

I am going to try re-downloading.
Bruce66

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »

Removed everything and tried fresh downloads.

Still the same issue only with the UK2000VFRAirfieldsVol1_Package_2.2 application.

I must have gone round the loop 30 times now. It tries to start the installer (a very brief 'Starting Installer' message flashes on the screen) then back to the beginning.

I have made it work (and the airfields look great by the way) by putting the scenery files in the UK2000 Common Library Scenery folder and the textures in the UK2000 Common Library Textures folder. I put the Situations files in the Documents/Flight Simulator X Files.

I can see the cars driving around the airfields and there is GA traffic.

The 11 BGL files in the Options folder though. Do they just add more aircraft? Would they go in the scenery folder?
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 10:14:16 AM »

Placing the scenery is UK2000 common Library is a very bad idea, then next time you update the common Library it will wipe it away.
If you have to do it manually, make a new scenery area.

I would really like to know why its not working,  as it does work for everyone else.
Here is my list of screen shots, which one does it not show?

From what you say screen shot 2 does not appear?

When the package extracts it finishes off by calling the installer, I just cant see why it would not work and loop around.

What you can try is Deleting the installer.exe, then it will be forced to download it again and start it.
Another method is to run the installer.exe first, it will ask you to point at the package (VFR1)
Finally what version number is displayed, it should be 1.29

* Image1.jpg (40.34 KB, 512x384 - viewed 65 times.)

* Image2.jpg (31.25 KB, 496x384 - viewed 63 times.)

* Image3.jpg (29.06 KB, 496x388 - viewed 63 times.)

* Image4.jpg (30.62 KB, 496x390 - viewed 64 times.)

* Image5.jpg (28.52 KB, 504x376 - viewed 62 times.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:22:38 AM by Gary Summons » Logged

Bruce66

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »

Yes that's right, Screenshot 1 and then back to Screenshot 1.

As the Installer does not open I do not know a version number.

I will try to wipe the Installer as you suggest and post back.

I notice with Vol 2&3 it states there is separate file for ORBX EU England. As it did not say that for Vol 1 I did not think of mentioning that this is what I am using. Could that make a difference?
Bruce66

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »

I deleted the installer and the VFR1 package.

Fresh download (I use Firefox), left the download in the Downloads folder and ran the exe.

It asked if I wanted to browse or download the installer so I clicked Download and it asked where I wanted it to go and I said the same Downloads folder as the VFR1.

The Installer downloaded and a window opened asking me to choose the Package I wanted to install so I chose the only option which was VFR1.

Then I went back into the loop again. Just as before.
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 10:03:33 AM »

I have a work around for you, move the VFR1 Package to your desktop, leave the installer where it is, and then run the VFR1 Package

Bruce66

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 07:07:49 PM »

That did the trick!

Everything works perfectly now.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: