UK2000 Scenery Forum
November 23, 2017, 03:06:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All Products now for compatible with Prepar3D V4

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic Installer  (Read 137 times)
Charlie Kilo

« on: November 06, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »

Hi Garry,

Would it be possible for you to eventually turn your installer into a system similar to either FTX Central or FSDreamteam?

The first allows you to see whether you have the latest addon installed on a simple app, and if not, a simple click allows downloading and installation of the update. Products you haven't bought are also visible, but in grayscale (clicking allows you to purchase the product) whilst the products you have bought are in colour (with a red highlight when an update is available).

The second is a simple .exe that determines if updates are required for your addons, and downloads and installs them automatically.

I run these every so often and they are incredibly user-friendly.

For UK2000, FlyTampa and others, I have to go to the website, log in, check which versions of all addons I have installed, compare them with what is available on the website, then download and install any updates that are available. Doable, but not such a simple process.

Cheers for any consideration you give this.

Charlie K
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »

It will slowly involve that way.

The main installer.exe will be used to check for updates, so in future you can just run and see what it says.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: