UK2000 Scenery Forum
November 23, 2017, 03:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Disable FTX AEC for UK2000 airports

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Additional textures appearing on top of runways  (Read 252 times)
Alan Finch

« on: November 10, 2017, 07:50:58 PM »

Hi Matt,

No this is the second time after downloading again with anti virus off.

Added log.txt as well.

* scenery_packs.txt (6.61 KB - downloaded 10 times.)
* Log.txt (44.71 KB - downloaded 7 times.)

Alan
Matt Cox
Material Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 01:17:32 AM »

Hi Alan,

I have seen these screenshots and Aberdeen screenshots in the other thread and it looks to me like you're having ground layer problems on both sceneries.

They seem to have a layer of default taxiways on top of them from somewhere. Now this can't be from my scenery as I have no default taxiway layers added - Just a transparent runway layer.

I know this is a pain but are you able to move all of your 3rd party sceneries out of the Custom Scenery folder to see if that eliminates the issue?
Alan Finch

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 06:53:09 PM »

OK thanks.
 When I turn on  Runways follow terrain the flashing no longer shows, the only downside then is there are no markings at all on the runway, taxiway and apron, also the plane sinks as much as the wheels underneath.

I've looked with Overlay Editor for Manchester but couldn't find anything. I only have a bit of time at the weekends at the moment so I'll hopefully find the problem and will report back when I do.

In the meantime thanks for converting these UK sceneries for X-plane, after moving from FSX over two years ago I certainly missed them.

Alan
Matt Cox
Material Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 05:52:46 PM »

Okay thanks Alan.

This is a hard one to sort out as you're the only one with the problem and it is weird that it is happening with both the sceneries.

Only thing I can think of is a third party scenery or plug in that is conflicting with the scenery
Alan Finch

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »

Hi Matt,

I have solved the Manchester issue by not using the full apt.dat supplied. I had used that one from first use before going into XPlane otherwise the problem would have been noticed immediately.
 I tried by just leaving UK2000 Manchester Xtreme on it's own in the Custom scenery folder and the runways were still covered. It was then I remembered the two apt.dat files and resorted back to the original apt.dat file. I still can't see what it is reading though to show those two different textures.
 I also did the same with Aberdeen but did not solve that issue but not to bothered at the moment as it is only from above it flickers not on approach.

Here's Manchester now anyway....

* EGCC.jpg (113.37 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 49 times.)

Alan
Matt Cox
Material Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »

Hi Alan,

That's a weird one. Where did you get the apt.dat from for it to work?
Alan Finch

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 02:46:19 PM »

It came with the product just the same as Aberdeen.

I get  Earth.wed  and Earth.wed.bak in the main folders and apt.dat plus fullapt.dat in the Earth nav data folder. It was the fullapt.dat that caused the issue. I used that one first (deleting the word full obviously) assuming it had all the airline gate assignments etc. I've attached below if you want to try.

* corruptapt.txt (105.47 KB - downloaded 2 times.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:34:43 PM by Alan Finch » Logged

Alan
Matt Cox
Material Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 08:22:29 PM »

Hi Alan,

Are you using the latest version of EGCC? Last updated 21/09/2017
Alan Finch

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »

Hi Matt,

Latest version in my account is V2.12x 16/09/2017.

Did a flight into EGCC today no problems.

Alan
Matt Cox
Material Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:31:50 PM »

Ah okay. Just check the readme's in the sceneries if you have the problem and check if you have the latest version as I fixed ground issues in an update to EGCC not long after the release. Glad you got it sorted  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: