UK2000 Scenery Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xmas Sale Now On!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Plane Regional Review: Aberdeen Scottish Highlands  (Read 117 times)
Donnie clark

« on: November 25, 2017, 04:58:52 AM »

Hello,

I ordered my copy of X-Plane from RC Simulations yesterday, and low and behold it arrived today. Aerosoft detailed airports and all.So after the 3 hour installation, I took off from my home airport of Aberdeen Dyce. I could pick out all of the major roads around Aberdeen. After playing with the seattle demo, What I saw is what I expected and considering that this scenery is straight out of the box, what you have here is a good start: Every Road and suburb from medium size up is depicted. So after flying south to the suburb of Kingswells, I turned north and followed the A96 road to the growing town of Inverurie and onwards to the popular summit of Bennachie. It's nice flying a sim, without needing a map, and knowing where you are :(Things get better in the highlands.Rural Land use appeared to be accurately placed. Forests, farmland and upland mountain tracts were all in the right locations, and done to a much higher level of precision compared with what is possible in FSX. That said however, the textures for such land use need to be tuned somewhat, but at least they aren't way off.

For more details: video marketing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: