UK2000 Scenery Forum
February 24, 2018, 02:01:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: plateau, missing coastline, roads into the sea – FS9  (Read 494 times)
Stefan Pellosch

« on: December 30, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »

Hello Gary

I recently purchased a bunch of your sceneries including EGJJ. With that one I have some issues in FS9.1:

Scenery was installed with the UK2000 scenery installer including the update 1.11 and settings according to the manual.
I am using FS-Global 2008 Mesh and UTE, but I can’t remember having any other scenery installed in that area.

Here is a pic after install:

1.) the plateau in front of RWY08 threshold (circled area) seems to be the flatten of the default Airport, shouldn’t this been taken care of by the installer or some exclude/flatten of the scenery?
I could get rid of it in deleting the FL-file for that airport (FL947140.bgl btw.), if that’s the solution, fine with me, just wanted to check if something went wrong?

2.) you can also see some Coastline missing and roads reaching into the sea.

It seems the file egjjvtpe.bgl is correcting roads etc. and the file egjjvtpexx.bgl is excluding a bunch of things incl. the default roads.

Removed egjjvtpe.bgl, all roads gone, old and new

Removed egjjvtpexx.bg, coastline back but double roads and other stuff

Removed both, coastline but old roads and the other stuff

I think the egjjvtpexx has wrong coordinates or something?
Any Idea?

Thanks for your help
Stefan

Anyone know a Photo- or VFR Scenery for Jersey for FS9 or is that just for FSX?
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:51:14 AM »

Sorry I cant do much about that in FS9,  it an effect of using Addon Mess and its not possible to solve.  FS9 does not have the methods to deal with them (unlike FSX and other sims)

Stefan Pellosch

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:59:31 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply Gary,

Sorry I am a little confused now, did you mean Mesh? I deactivated my mesh, the coast is still gone and the roads are still leading into water.
It did turn the cliff into a smoother slope, but that wasn't the issue, I was aware of that limit in FS9, happens in many sceneries ...

as you can see in the pics of my 1st post, coast and roads are triggered by the files egjjvtp and egjjvtpexx (with and without add on mesh)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »

I dont get that effect on my FS,  It was made to work with default scenery, so it has something to do with UTE or FS Global. Im happy to refund if you dont like that road problem.

Stefan Pellosch

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »

I wasn’t aware that Jersey is only compatible with the default scenery, in that case I am sure its UTE. If I remember correctly, they changed a bunch of Coastlines, especially in that area.
Its not the add-on Mesh, I deactivated it – no change…

I appreciate the refund offer, but I played around a bit and was able to make Beach and Roads work with UTE and get rid of the plateau/cliff from the stock airport.
It’s just a quick & dirty fix, maybe I put some more effort in sometime later, for now it works. Sooner or later I will use p3d anyway….

If someone is interested I can provide the replacement files

FYI: the changed files are:
FL947140.bgl … stock flatten of the area
egjjvtp.bgl … added beach, added and replaced roads

Thx and happy new year
Stefan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:59:46 AM by Stefan Pellosch » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: