UK2000 Scenery Forum
January 18, 2018, 01:31:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot remove UK2000 in P3Dv.4.1  (Read 70 times)
Dave Taylor

« on: January 12, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »

As stated, the UK2000 scenery is greyed and impossible to select in the scenery library.  I need to do this to reinstall as the P3Dv.4.1  keeps asking me to unload or leave

Help please Gary?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:22:54 PM by Dave Taylor » Logged

Dave on the English Riviera and member of the Ipplepen Flightsim Club containing 76+ members, so far.

www.swfsg.co.uk
Dave Taylor

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 03:04:53 PM »

Okay, I managed to remove it by opening the files system and cfg but now cannot install it because it goes into 'E:/P3D4 instead of P3Dv4.1. If I move it manually It still gives .cfg warnings.  Cry   Now I cannot use ANY of Gary's scenery because of this!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:16:25 PM by Dave Taylor » Logged

Dave on the English Riviera and member of the Ipplepen Flightsim Club containing 76+ members, so far.

www.swfsg.co.uk
Norman Dean
AFCAD Designer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:07:19 AM »

Hi Dave, the whole point of using the xml method of installing sceneries is that they are not removed or disabled when you install an update for the sim. However, that will not work if you change the structure for the original scenery location. You do not have to edit the scenery.cfg file, nor change or delete items within the scenery library. Sceneries installed using the xml method are always greyed out in the scenery library as it is not necessary to edit the insertion. Thus sceneries can be installed in any location and if the sim is updated or reinstalled they are still available. In your case I suspect that the path to the sceneries has been changed and so your update of P3D v4 cannot find them, so there are two ways you can deal with this. The first is that if the UK2000 sceneries are located to a new location, such as in your updated sim folder, you need to go to your documents folder and in the folder named Prepar3d V4 Add-ons amend the xml files that you find there for the UK2000 sceneries (using notepad or similar program) so that the location is your new sim e.g. e:/P3Dv4.1/UK2000 scenery/scenery name. You don't have to have the UK2K sceneries inside the sim folder but can cut and paste them anywhere that suits you and just amend the xml files. The other alternative for you is to delete the UK2K scenery folder form its present location, AND all the xml files in the Prepar3d v4 add-ons folder then reinstall the sceneries again, choosing any location that suits you, not necessarily the P3DV4.1 folder.

Hope this helps.

Norman

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: