UK2000 Scenery Forum
February 18, 2018, 05:05:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow covered EGCC  (Read 437 times)
Ray Proudfoot

« on: January 15, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »

I have a problem at EGCC with snow covering the whole airport. This only happens at EGCC. My 4 other UK2000 airports don't exhibit this problem.

The first image shows the problem. The second shows what it looks like after selecting another season and then re-selecting Winter.

Running P3D v3.4 with v2.11 of EGCC and latest Common Libraries installed. This looks wrong. Anyone else seeing it?

* EGCC_Winter.jpg (66.22 KB, 750x390 - viewed 171 times.)

* EGCC_Winter_Selected.jpg (52.94 KB, 624x311 - viewed 188 times.)
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:08:35 AM »

Did you install the Snow option file from the download account?, if yes then reinstall EGCC to remove it

Are you using default or FTX Landclass?

I'll look into it, but for now just move your FS month to February to solve.

Ray Proudfoot

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:43:40 AM »

Hi Gary,

No I didn't install the snow option. It appears to be for FSX only. I have P3D v3.4.

I don't even need to change the month to Feb. Just reselecting Winter in the P3D Time/Date option reinstates the correct ground textures as you'll see in the second photo. In any case as I run AS16 I'd rather stick to system time.

I uninstalled EGCC and reinstalled. I'm running FTX Global and Ultimate Terrain X Europe but those are layered well down in Scenery Library. I ticked the FTX option when installing EGCC.

I'd appreciate it if you could look at the package as it's only EGCC that shows this problem.
Ray Proudfoot

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:56 PM »

Gary,

Is this snow cover down to one particular file? if so, can you tell me its name and I'll check if it's present in my EGCC scenery or texture folder.
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »

Its not a file you can remove without removing all the ground image.

Ray Proudfoot

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »

Understood but it's still a mystery why this is happening and I appear to be the only person affected.

But I have a well structured scenery.cfg with a few addons as others will have. Something else must be causing it but what when the snow is present with a clean install.
Ray Proudfoot

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »

I've found the culprit. It's FTX Global. I read the readme in the EGCC Snow fix and you suggested replacing the existing textures with those supplied but only for January. This affects P3D v3 as well as FSX.

Whilst I appreciate you've made a fix available I find it utterly ridiculous by Orbx that the snow problem only affects Manchester. If I move 25 miles west to Liverpool the textures are fine. Same for Edinburgh. You could understand their logic if it affected all UK airports in January but just Manchester???

I've asked the question on the Orbx forum. I'll post their response.
Ray Proudfoot

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »

I'm in discussion with Orbx about Manchester but they seem pretty adamant that FTX Global is not the reason I'm seeing snow at Manchester in January. Given the problem only applies to Manchester and not Liverpool or Glasgow it does suggest the problem lies with UK2000.

Can anyone please explain why a snow fix is only necessary for Manchester and not other UK airports? Thanks.
Gary Summons
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 10:40:42 AM »

It has nothing do to with FTX, Its probably a wrong terrain file used by the installer, I haven't had time to look into this, but all you do is set February to ovoid it.

Ray Proudfoot

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 11:32:44 AM »

Gary,

I think you're right. The installer has the snow files instead of the standard terrain ones. It would seem logical since only Manchester is affected and it wouldn't make sense for Orbx to treat Manchester differently.

Given we're now into the last few days of January I can live with it. I'm sure you'll correct things before next January.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: